The 3 top equipments available
By subcontracting MESA+/NanoLab for the use of facilities and consultancy, LioniX can offer customers a broad expertise in the development of micro/nano tech based systems (‘facility sharing’). For more information see:
Know-how, expertise available
Key competences are (proprietary) integrated optics, microfluidics, optofluidics and related surface functionalization, giving an unparalleled position in the area of miniaturized (bio)chemical analysis and processing, i.e. Lab-on-a-Chip technology. Examples are:
· Miniaturized devices for DNA/RNA pre-concentration for genetic analysis;
· Biomarker detection based on Q-PCR, (optical) micro-array and Capillary Electrophoresis based platforms. Examples are in products of PLC Diagnostics: http://plcds.com/ and CapiliX (www.capilix.com). Next to this LioniX is investing in a label-free optical micro-array platform based on its proprietary planar waveguide technology TriPleXTM.
· Integrated spectroscopy based on its proprietary optical planar waveguide platform TriPleXTM (VIS-NIR absorption, stimulated Raman).
Appealing product examples are equipment for:
· (companion) diagnostics for cell and biomarker screening and characterization in body fluids and tissue;
· (single) cell analysis and drug efficacy and toxicity testing in cells;
· manipulation, characterization and selection for cell line optimization;
· flexible and fast drug development and production with help of flow chemistry in microreactor processing systems.
Possibilities of partnership
LioniX is partnering with biotech companies and universities/institutes in various national and EU R&D programmes in order to develop hardware platforms for applications outside the HTS R&D laboratory and more dedicated to a certain (diagnostic) task. These projects will result in precursors for the development of high-added value equipment, to be further developed in collaboration with (venture capital) equipment companies.
Co-development of products and manufacturing of components based on cutting-edge micro/nano technology for its (OEM) customers for its (OEM) customers in Life Sciences, Process Control and Space. Key competences are integrated optics, microfluidics, optofluidics and related surface functionalization, giving an unrivalled position in the area of miniaturized (bio)chemical analysis and processing, i.e. Lab-on-a-Chip technology applicable in Life Sciences.